COMPO EXPERT offers a unique and sophisticated coating technology. Each fertilizer prill is evenly coated with an elastic polymer that controls water penetration and thus the dissolution of nutrients inside the coating. It is designed to ensure a long-term and consistent nutrient supply for up to 16 months. The Climate Adapted Release (CAR) Technology is linked to ambient temperature and guarantees nutrient availability according to individual plant requirements. The coating and release rates are not affected by soil properties such as pH, microbial activity, salinity etc.
These characteristics prevent nutrient dumping and associated seedling mortality that is often experienced when fertilizers with inferior and brittle coatings are used.
After application, moisture slowly penetrates through the pores of the coating, dissolving the nutrients which then dissipate into the soil by osmosis and diffusion. The coating thickness determines the rate at which water can be absorbed into the granule, and the rate at which nutrients can diffuse.
- Controlled nutrient release for 3-16 month
- Frost-resistant and elastic polymer coating material
- Climate adapted nutrient release - ideal for plant needs
- Homogeneous supply of macro- and micronutrients
- Effectively avoids nutrient fixation in soil
- Less leaching and low salinity
- Supports the formation of a good root system